- Premium! This seed has scored higher than 40 out of 70 in the overall score.
- Anseled! Higher than 8 out of 10 in awesome features.
- ++ Expert ++
- Suicidal Expert
Spawn and Version
Version: XBL 1.1.1 (equiv Beta 1.7.3)
India ink is a standard black ink used by cartoonists and graphic novelists. A sable brush is a brush with particularly soft hairs made from the tail of a kolinsky -- a type of weasel. So technically, it's a weasel brush.
This is a fantastically beautiful and scenic seed. The pack of mountains around the monster volcano-style crater at -184.105.-184 could easily keep you busy for an entire game and you would never have to leave. But you should, because this level is gorgeous and some of these other features are to die for. Mountains abound on this seed, but really they are only shells for caves. Some of these caves go down to even Y=30, but none of them cut past the diamond/lava barrier. I found one real dungeon and one false dungeon.
With so many things to see on this map, you'd think that there would be more than one can't miss, but this one is extra special. This underwater gravel deposit is absolutely massive and it sits precariously above an underground cave. If you dig in the wrong spot, you can easily destroy the cave and kill yourself -- although it is fun to run from the falling gravel (save game before attempting). There is already an entrance to the cave, but it's underwater so it's going to take some time to get there. Once inside, the cave is beautiful. Enjoy.
- [-10.66.-351] humongous underwater gravel deposit
- [-33.64.313] deep underwater hole, down then west for huge cave
- [-61.63.324] underwater hole
Items of Interest
- [-109.65.-188] two medium overhangs and large land bridge
- [-168.65.-146] monster lava fall, so big you can find it on the map
- [-179.83.-199] tiny gorge with large coal
- [-184.105.-185] huge volcano-like crater
- [-194.114.-225] tall waterfall (cliff dive)
- [-159.120.-227] tallest point
- [-239.90.-239] cool valley
- [-251.77.-222] hidden cave and small land bridge
- [-273.73.-244] dead drop cave and small flatland
- [-281.72.-237] medium pitfall cave, Y=45
- [-363.70.-263] medium cave, Y=39
- [-263.87.-333] small sinkhole
- [-186.87.-315] small overhang and shortcut cave
- [-132.73.-367] large overhang and medium waterfall
- [-133.71.-325] medium overhang
- [-107.67.-314] sugar
- [121.76.-359] deep cave
- [216.73.-223] deep cave
- [245.70.-254] dungeon with one chest, 3 saddles and a hidi-hole, medium floater, and medium overhang
- [252.76.-319] massive overhang/land bridge, deep pitfall cave
- [217.80.-392] large overhang/land bridge combo, tall waterfall
- [346.67.-263] false dungeon
- [349.66.-228] medium clay
- [363.65.-95] large lake
- [329.68.-58] two small waterfall streams
- [306.69.38] two small overhangs
- [-160.69.326] medium flatland
- [-284.77.274] large hidi-hole
- [-373.69.362] medium spire
- [-357.71.242] large overhang
- [-359.68.76] deep dead drop cave, Y=32
- [-215.73.137] erosion with coal
- [-96.65.136] hidi-hole with coal
- [79.69.-102] large tabletop overhang
- [156.67.-98] large tabletop land bridge
This level is so scenic that narrowing all of the photographs down to five actually pained me. The top image is of a beastly overhang/land bridge combo. As for the image right below it, how about that shot! It's like standing inside the visor of a massive space trooper. It was taken from inside the same formation looking out at the next formation, which was also beautiful. You can find it at 252.76.-319.
Moving on to the smaller images at right, the first is of a medium-sized butte as seen from between the legs of a medium land-bridge. It's a weird formation because this area was mostly desert.
Below that, I took this shot from almost the same spot where I spawned. This image and the one below it are from the same circular range of mountains that form a massive crater. These mountains go up to Y=120 and have a lava fall flowing out of them. So really, this formation is as close as you're ever going to get to volcano in Minecraft -- unless they program volcanoes into Minecraft (which would be awesome!)