- ++ Expert ++
- Suicidal Expert
Spawn and Version
Version: XBL 1.1.1 (equiv Beta 1.7.3)
Membership in the 27 Club is a dubious distinction. It is a list of celebrity musicians who have died at the age of 27. The three most notable names on the list are the three Js: Jimi Hendrix (prescription/wine asphyxiation), Janis Joplin (heroin overdose), and Jim Morrison (drug-related heart disease). The list began in 1969 with the death of Brian Jones (drowning, Rolling Stones) but didn't reach the popular zeitgeist until the death of Kurt Cobain (suicide, Nirvana) in 1994. Amy Winehouse is not included on the list as she wasn't a real musician.
Anyway... as far as the seed goes, freaking awesome! Your choices are overhang or land bridge as wherever you go, that's what you're going to find. I even spawned under a large overhang. What you're not going to find are any trees. This board is bald like your Uncle Harold. Plenty of wide open spaces, some nice flatland, and all the good stuff right in the middle so you don't have to travel too far. There's a lack of deep caves, which was a shame. I would never ask anyone other than a seasoned player to spawn underneath a large shady overhang, so this one is just for the experts.
The good stuff is right in the middle of the map. You're going to find large patches of desert and very few trees.
Items of Interest
- [-120.75.-36] spawned under large overhang
- [3.73.-71] large overhang and amphitheater
- [-104.73.50] large overhang with dead drop
- [-271.73.8] gnarly butte
- [-354.86.-7] small palisade
- [-348.65.64] medium lake
- [-337.69.220] grassland
- [-289.65.278] two large lakes and canal
- [-296.71.313] huge open-air hidi-hole
- [-243.65.351] small flat beach
- [-202.66.270] small flat beach #2
- [121.68.256] small crater lake
- [176.65.268] isthmus
- [231.67.255] deep cave
- [250.65.300] sugar
- [349.68.291] lava pit
- [315.66.124] medium clay
- [371.69.-239] wolves
- [381.70.-298] small sinkhole
- [378.69.-331] small cove
- [296.66.-358] small alluvial gravel
- [123.65.-375] lone tree island, sugar
- [-265.66.-397] large clay on gravel island
- [-353.96.-231] large dune
- [-361.75.-175] tiny ravine
- [-150.67.-201] shortcut cave and medium clay
- [-112.72.-207] large beachfront butte with dead drop and coal
- [76.88.-120] large butte
This was a fantastically scenic level and I got a lot of pictures. Narrowing them down to four was tough. The first image at the top of this post is of two neighboring mountains that both have large, shadowy overhangs.
As for the images at right, let's start at the top and work our way down. First up, this was a pretty decent overhang, though don't let the shadow fool you -- it doesn't go back very far. Next, this peninsular mountain guards the entrance to this cove.
Finally, this large butte marks the beginning (or end, depending on which direction you're headed) of the primary mountain ranges at the center of the map. It's a tough climb, but could be a great spot to hide from the bad guys at night.